The present project consists of simulating the fluid dynamic and acoustic performance of an engine exhaust silencer to support the manufacturer’s design calculations. The customer provides the dimensional and operational data of the equipment and DPO FLUID is in charge of validating them. The results showed very good agreement between the attenuation and pressure drop results, although those obtained through simulation were somewhat closer to reality. As a result, it is concluded that the design is correct.
- Applied acoustics 95% 95%
- Validation of manufacturer’s calculations 95% 95%
- Calculation of attenuation 93% 93%
- Calculation of pressure drop 95% 95%
- CFD and FEM simulations 97% 97%
Exhaust silencer validation
Type of study