Optimization and study of geometric configuration in two models of silencers —engine combustion gases and venting. The aim is to achieve a redesign of greater acoustic attenuation while maintaining manufacturing costs. Thickness of plates and absorbent material, length, configuration and geometric shape of chambers were analyzed, as well as the definition of the perforation patterns of the plates. The redesign achieved was studied in a pilot plant, obtaining acoustic results to the simulations made.
- Applied acoustics 95% 95%
- Geometrical parameterization 85% 85%
- Analysis of results and improvements 93% 93%
- CFD and FEM simulations 97% 97%
- Calculation of pressure drop 88% 88%
Optimization and study of geometric configuration in two models of silencers —engine combustion gases and venting.
Type of study
In collaboration with US.